Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (and the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity)
In concert with the Economic Empowerment Services of the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, the Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) strives to provide a hub for the support of small business owners and entrepreneurs. Interested in becoming a client? Click here and select “New Client”.
The SBDC offers support in the areas of:
- Branding strategies
- Business plan development
- Computer & technical assistance
- Customer relations
- Financial and lending assistance (access to capital)
- Market research assistance and marketing plans
- One-on-one advising for business owners and entrepreneurs
- Supplementary training through our Innovation Technology Institute (ITI)
- Using and understanding data analytics
- YShop.org referral to those interested in establishing an online partnership
Make a free appointment by completing this online contact form. Our Illinois SBDC is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and clients are seen by appointment only.
Master Plan is offered twice a year. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Side Hustle Saturday™
Side Hustle Saturday is coming 2023!
Side Hustle Saturday™ is a one-day workshop offered monthly at locations across our YWCA Metropolitan Chicago footprint that helps attendees learn the steps needed to transform their “side hustle” or hobby into a real business. For more information on Side Hustle Saturday™, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childcare Business Training
Have you ever thought of starting a childcare business? Do you have a small childcare business that you want to move to the next level? We offer free one-on-one coaching on the business of childcare. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact Princess Gentry, Business Advisor—Julian Grace Innovation & Technology Institute, at email@example.com.