Free Child Care for Veterans
Your child is safe while you attend your scheduled medical, counseling appointment or job interview
The Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs has partnered with the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago and the Federal VA to provide quality, state licensed childcare at No Cost while you attend your scheduled medical or counseling appointments; or job interview. And you can set this up in 3 Easy Steps.
- Fill out the Tiny Boots Program Application. To be eligible:
- Must be an Illinois Veteran
- Have a verifiable medical appointment or job interview
- Notify the YWCA of appointments at least 1 week in advance
- Make sure you’ve completed all required forms which includes:
- Emergency Contact Form
- Medical Form
- Photo Release
- Return completed forms, along with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and including verification of appointment/job interview, to email@example.com.
The YWCA Veterans’ Specialist will contact the provider and schedule childcare for the date and time of your appointment. You and your provider will receive an email confirmation with detailed childcare arrangements. Questions? Call 630-580-3199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.