Child Care at Work
RECESS™ offers full-day onsite child care events for business partners. These events are designed to help employers address productivity when their employees’ school-age children are off during school holidays.
How It Works
- Business partner schedules initial meeting or call with RECESS™ staff to discuss needs.
- RECESS™ staff develops customized engaging program for employees’ children.
- Partner markets the program to employees 30 days prior to the event.
- Partner confirms space onsite (i.e. lunchroom, conference rooms) and number of attendees 10 days prior to event.
- RECESS™ staff sets up day of the program (RECESS™ provides all materials and manages setup/takedown).
- On day of event, parents drop off children and provide emergency contact and health information.
- RECESS™ staff facilitate the program.
Programs can include:
- Art with the Masters
- Hands-on Science
- WAGiLabs Kidpreneur Program
- Global Cuisine
- Full STEAM Ahead
RECESS™ brings education experts to your company to provide engaging, hands-on activities that children love!
The program incorporates STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) elements so, not only will the children have fun, but they will be building 21st-century skills that will position them to compete in a global economy.
|January||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|March||Casimir Pulaski Day & Spring Break|
|April||Spring Break & Good Friday|
|May-August||Summer camps available|
|September||Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur|
|November||Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Week|
Teacher Institute Days
Bring Your Child to Work Days
Custom Days – when you may be experiencing high volume work days
Contact us for pricing.
The Need for Child Care at Work
Unscheduled absenteeism is a chronic problem for U.S. employers and conservative estimates put the annual cost per employee at $3600. RECESS™ helps employers combat absenteeism on school holidays, and allows working families the peace of mind they need to be productive at work.
Each year, parents who worry about their children when they are home from school cost businesses up to $300 billion. Children who participate in high quality, out-of-school programs have better peer relations, emotional adjustment, conflict resolution skills, grades, and conduct in school than their peers who are not in programs.
Everyone benefits with RECESS™: businesses, parents, children, and their communities.
Contact Us Today!
(630) 790-6600 x2445
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
1 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1150
Chicago, IL 60602
RECESS™ is owned and operated by YWCA Metropolitan Chicago.