The YWCA offers groups and client workshops on a variety of topics. Please see below for current offerings. If you are interested in a particular group or workshop topic that you don’t see listed, please fill out a Counseling Services Interest Form by clicking here.
Stress Reduction: Holiday Workshop (English Flyer)
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is hosting a 2-day workshop on coping with holiday stress. The workshop will focus on:
- Learning effective ways to cope with the holidays
- Creating a holiday plan to navigate the holidays smoothly
- Practicing coping mechanisms to reduce stress
Members will be empowered to discuss, develop and practice effective coping skills through the use of creative expression. Day 1 of the workshop will begin with identifying concerns related to the holidays, then learning effective coping skills, and culminating in the creation of a plan to navigate the holidays. Day 2 of the workshop will begin by discussing which strategies worked during Thanksgiving and how to improve for the end-of-the-year holidays.
Where: YWCA Patterson & McDaniel Family Center
When: November 19th and December 3rd
Cost: $30 (both sessions and includes supplies)
Click here to register. If you are interested in attending, contact Gwendolyn Brooks at 630-580-8351.
Hot Topics: A Sex Ed Workshop for Adults
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago will be hosting a 3-hour workshop for adults to talk about sex, sexual health, and pleasure.
- Reflect on messages and myths learned about sex throughout the lifespan
- Gain a deeper understanding about sexual processes, responses, and arousal
- Explore how to integrate pleasure back into our understanding of sex
- Explore ways to navigate the communication of sexual needs and desires
Where: YWCA Cynthia B. Lafuente Center
Registration is closed for the current workshop. The next will be scheduled based on demand.