Groups & Client Workshops
The YWCA offers a variety of groups to assist survivors and non-offending family members with healing from the trauma of sexual assault. Clients are able to challenge their feelings of isolation and receive support from peers by participating in group counseling. While specific groups may vary from site to site, groups are typically offered to adult survivors of child sexual abuse, child and teen survivors of sexual violence, and parents. Groups may focus on a specific theme (boundaries, safety, empowerment), may utilize a form of expressive therapy (photography, poetry, art) to engage clients in the healing process, or focus on providing information about sexual assault/abuse and coping skills. Group services are offered regularly across all of our service locations.
Current Support Groups:
BUILDING BETTER RELATIONSHIPS: Improving Self & Interpersonal Connections (English Flyer)
The YWCA Patterson & McDaniel Family Center is hosting an 6-week virtual therapy group for adult survivors of sexual trauma. Through activities, discussion and media, this group will serve as a safe and supportive space where participants will learn how to build better relationships with themselves and others. Themes will include coping skills, self-compassion, self-care, communication, boundaries, trust, and more. This group will be presented in English and is open to any survivor of sexual trauma (18 and older). Individuals of all racial/cultural identities, sexual orientations, and gender identities are welcome. Spaces will be limited.
When: Tuesdays, March 21st to April 25th, 6:00PM – 7:30PM CST
Contact facilitators Amanda Wright, MA, MS, Therapist at 312-572-7033 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Elizabeth Salguero, MA, Therapist at 630-580-3193 (email@example.com) to schedule a screening to determine group eligibility. Zoom access will be provided once approved. Registration closes March 9th.
- Creative Writing Workshop: Mental Wellness Through Storytelling (English Flyer)
- Cycle of Healing: Support Group for Parents of Sexual Trauma Survivors (English Flyer)
- Healing in Community: A Community for Queer, Adult Survivors of Sexual Violence (English Flyer)
- Process Painting (English Flyer)
- Más Fuertes Juntos: Grupo para Padres/Cuidadores Inmigrantes (Spanish Flyer)
- Stronger Together: Group for Immigrant Parents and Caretakers (English Flyer)
- Survivor Papermaking Group (English Flyer)