Are you or your organization in need of professional development to enhance your knowledge of sexual assault education? Does your employer require this training as a Confidential Advisor or Mandated Reporter?
Are you a student, retiree, or survivor, seeking a fulfilling Volunteer Opportunity in Sexual Violence Support Services? Would you like to acquire knowledge of crisis intervention and sexual assault in order to develop and better understand survivors and significant others of sexual assault?
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago offers a comprehensive State of Illinois recognized 40-hr Crisis Intervention Training Certification several times throughout the year. Both professionals, interns, and volunteers are included as our attendees.
40-hr Crisis Intervention Training includes:
- Illinois state-recognized certification
- Basic Crisis Intervention Skills facilitated by expert and licensed trainers
- Comprehensive understanding of sexual violence and rape culture
- Learn appropriate response techniques for hospital emergency room calls and crisis hotline calls
- Hands-on training with real hospital rape kits facilitated by Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE)
- Up to date information, facts, videos and resources to increase knowledge and awareness
- Click here to begin the application process.
- Professionals (non-group) $285
- Volunteers Discounted to $65
The Sexual Violence Support Serviced Department facilitate trainings ongoing several times throughout the year at our various locations:
Interested in learning more or registering for the 40-hr Crisis Intervention Training? Contact Volunteer Recruiter/Trainer Maizah Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.733.2102 x2110.
The next 40-hr Crisis Intervention Training will be held:
View the current volunteer opportunities by clicking here.