The YWCA administers the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program to helps income-eligible mothers pay for child care while they work or go to school.
A family is considered income eligible when the combined gross monthly income of all family members is at or below the amounts listed below for the corresponding family size. In two-parent families, both incomes must be combined to determine eligibility. Two-parent families include those with 2 or more adults living in the home, such as the applicant and his or her spouse or parents of a common child in the home.
|Maximum Monthly Income
|FAMILY SIZE 2||$2,151||$25,812|
|FAMILY SIZE 3||$2,713||$32,556|
|FAMILY SIZE 4||$3,274||$39,288|
|FAMILY SIZE 5||$3,836||$46,032|
To qualify for the Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance program:
- Use the Eligibility Calculator to see if you are eligible for child care assistance.
- Find a child care provider who will be willing to accept the child care assistance funding. If you would like a list of providers in your area please call us at (630)790-6600. When you call, follow the prompts and select Early Childhood Services (Option 3). There will be additional prompts for providers (Option 1) and clients (Option 2).
- Submit a completed Application for Child Care Assistance to our office.
- Allow 10 business days from the day of receipt for your application to be reviewed.
DuPage and Kane counties
Parents must be engaged in a qualifying activity such as work and or school or approved TANF activity.
- English CCAP Application
- Spanish CCAP Application
- CCAP in 4 Easy Steps
- solicite para el Programa de Asistencia Para el Cuidado de Niños en 4 pasos fáciles
- IDHS Online Applications
- Self-Employment Verification
- Formulario para Verificar Empleo por su Cuenta
- IVR Telephone Billing Agreement
- IDHS Child Care Payment Inquiries
For more information, please contact the YWCA Patterson and McDaniel Family Center or call (630) 790-6600. When you call, follow the prompts and select Early Childhood Services (Option 3). There will be additional prompts for providers (Option 1) and clients (Option 2).