The YWCA administers the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program to helps income-eligible parents pay for child care while they work or go to school.
A family is considered income eligible when the combined gross monthly income of all family members is at or below the amounts listed below for the corresponding family size. In two-parent families, both incomes must be combined to determine eligibility. Two-parent families include those with 2 or more adults living in the home, such as the applicant and his or her spouse or parents of a common child in the home.
|Maximum Monthly Income
|FAMILY SIZE 2||$2,538||$30,456|
|FAMILY SIZE 3||$3,204||$38,448|
|FAMILY SIZE 4||$3,870||$46,440|
|FAMILY SIZE 5||$4,536||$54,432|
|FAMILY SIZE 6||$5,202||$62,424|
|FAMILY SIZE 7||$5,868||$70,416|
|FAMILY SIZE 8||$6,534||$78,408|
|FAMILY SIZE 9||$7,200||$86,400|
|FAMILY SIZE 10||$7,866||$94,392|
To qualify for the Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance program:
- Use the Eligibility Calculator to see if you are eligible for child care assistance.
- Find a child care provider who will be willing to accept the child care assistance funding. If you would like a list of providers in your area please call us at (630)790-6600. When you call, follow the prompts and select Early Childhood Services (Option 3). There will be additional prompts for providers (Option 1) and clients (Option 2).
- Submit a completed Application for Child Care Assistance to our office.
- Allow 10 business days from the day of receipt for your application to be reviewed.
DuPage and Kane counties
Parents must be engaged in a qualifying activity such as work and or school or approved TANF activity.
- English CCAP Application
- Spanish CCAP Application
- CCAP in 4 Easy Steps
- solicite para el Programa de Asistencia Para el Cuidado de Niños en 4 pasos fáciles
- IDHS Online Applications
- Self-Employment Verification
- Formulario para Verificar Empleo por su Cuenta
- IVR Telephone Billing Agreement
- IDHS Child Care Payment Inquiries
For more information, please contact the YWCA Patterson and McDaniel Family Center or call (630) 790-6600. When you call, follow the prompts and select Early Childhood Services (Option 3). There will be additional prompts for providers (Option 1) and clients (Option 2). Paperwork can be faxed to 630-629-7801.