Changes effective July 1st, announced by Gov. Pritzker, state the following: Lowering copays to $1 for CCAP-eligible families with a parent or guardian working in childcare. In lieu of IDHS not having official forms to request the copay reduction, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is requesting that parent who qualify for the copay reduction request that their copayment be reduced in writing with their signature. Requests can be submitted via walk-in, fax, USPS or email at email@example.com. Our staff will review and process all requests in order received and an updated approval letter will be generated to both the client and childcare provider.
The YWCA administers the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program to help income-eligible parents pay for child care while they work or go to school.
A family is considered income-eligible when the combined gross monthly income of all family members is at or below the amounts listed below for the corresponding family size. In two-parent families, both incomes must be combined to determine eligibility. Two-parent families include those with 2 or more adults living in the home, such as the applicant and his or her spouse or parents of a common child in the home.
|Maximum Monthly Income
|FAMILY SIZE 2||$3,433||$41,196|
|FAMILY SIZE 3||$4,318||$51,816|
|FAMILY SIZE 4||$5,203||$62,436|
|FAMILY SIZE 5||$6,088||$73,056|
|FAMILY SIZE 6||$6,973||$83,676|
|FAMILY SIZE 7||$7,858||$94,296|
|FAMILY SIZE 8||$8,743||$104,916|
|FAMILY SIZE 9||$9,628||$115,536|
|FAMILY SIZE 10||$10,421||$125,052|
To qualify for the Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance program:
- Use the Eligibility Calculator to see if you are eligible for child care assistance.
- Find a child care provider who will be willing to accept the child care assistance funding. If you would like a list of providers in your area please call us at (630)790-6600. When you call, follow the prompts and select Early Childhood Services (Option 3). There will be additional prompts for providers (Option 1) and clients (Option 2).
- Submit a completed Application for Child Care Assistance to our office.
- Allow 10 business days from the day of receipt for your application to be reviewed.
DuPage, Kane, and Lake counties
Parents must be engaged in a qualifying activity such as work and or school or approved TANF activity.
- English CCAP Application
- Spanish CCAP Application
- CCAP Child Care Rates for Providers
- Tarifas de Pago para Proveedores de Cuidado de Niños
- IDHS Online Applications
- Self-Employment Verification
- Formulario para Verificar Empleo por su Cuenta
- IVR Telephone Billing Agreement
- IDHS Child Care Payment Inquiries
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Child Care Assistance Program serves Parents and Providers in the counties of DuPage, Kane and Lake. Our office hours and phone lines open Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm and Friday 8am-1:30pm.
There are three ways to reach our staff:
- Addison: 630-790-6600
- Lake County: 847-662-4247
- Toll Free: 844-221-2227(CCAP)
Parents and Providers may submit documents in a PDF format to our email address at CCAP@ywcachicago.org or by fax. For DuPage and Kane counties, the fax number is 630-629-7801 and for Lake County the fax number is 847-855-0304.