3D (Developing Digital Diversity)™
Developing Digital Diversity™ is a YWCA program in partnership with 1871 to recruit and train adults in web and mobile development through hands-on training in GeneXus™ – software for software developers. All interested students should be familiar with HTML/CSS and have a basic understanding of software programming. At the end of the course, graduates will have the skills to develop software applications in HTML5/CSS, Java, .NET, and Ruby, as well as mobile apps for iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Blackberry and Windows 8!
Participants must commit to attending and actively participating in the 8-week training which normally takes place Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00 PM. All sessions take place at 1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart, Suite 1212, Chicago, IL 60654.
Benefits of program participation include:
- Learning advanced web and mobile application development using GeneXus USA platform.
- Participating in a competitive group project to build an application for a partner/client
- Receiving a “Nights and Weekends” membership from 1871 for duration of program
- Receiving a Professional GeneXus License for one year (a $4,500 value)
- Personalized coaching from YWCA staff and partners
- Assistance identifying job placement opportunities.
Interested participants or supporters should contact email@example.com.