FIFTY+ is a new program specifically designed to help women age 50 and older enter or re-enter the workforce. Research shows that older women face special challenges in their job search. But we also know that age plus experience equals success!
The program is offered monthly to cohorts of 10-15 women who meet twice per week for two weeks. Through a targeted mix of intensive coaching and training, participants will:
- identify areas of career interest
- update their resumes
- practice interviewing skills
- learn or improve computer skills; and,
- develop a plan for finding work and establishing careers.
A new cohort begins every month at our various Southside and West Side locations. Please call Sheree Gilmore at (773) 366-0711 for details.
To apply, click here. For more information, click here to contact Sheree Gilmore via email.
Digital Skills Ready@50+ initiative offers digital skills training for anyone interested in learning more about the internet. You can join in-person (YWCA Parks Francis, 6600 S Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago, IL 60637) or virtually.
Free Digital Skills Training Courses:
- June 13, 1:00-2:00pm: Getting Started with Google Fitness App
- June 20, 1:00-2:00 pm: Networking on Linkedln
- June 27, 1:00-2:00pm: Intro to Managing Your Privacy
This initiative is in partnership with: