The Catalytic Ventures: Career Fellowship is a great opportunity for anyone looking to jumpstart a career in Information Technology, Construction, Green Sustainability, Transportation Distribution and Logistics, or IT Sales. You will receive best-in-class training and learn relevant skills in 8-16 weeks, depending on career path chosen. Fellows will receive a living-wage stipend, technology equipment and supplies, as well as ongoing support from YWCA Empowerment Coaches to address any life challenges and ensure success in the program. Once training is complete, YWCA staff will help Fellows access available career-oriented jobs through an extensive network of employer partners!
Talent Development, Empowerment Coaching, Employment Referrals
- Workplace and hands-on training from experienced industry professionals
- Supplementary training for credentials and/or certifications
- Skills training in the form of career development workshops on creating a winning resume and cover letter, job search strategies, interviewing preparation, career management and workplace communication.
- Assessment, intervention and referrals to other direct services such as mental health, childcare assistance, digital skills training and more.
- Weekly engagement with a dedicated empowerment coach.
- Job identification and Employer referrals
- Living wage stipend throughout training process
- Financing of the training and fellowship experience through an Income Share Agreement (ISA), allowing repayment once employment is obtained
- Increased employment wages
- Subsidies through childcare assistance, utilities, SNAP benefits, emergency assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Housing resources
- Financial education and credit counseling
- Professional equipment and supplies
- Engagement with professional associations
- Mentor matching with industry professionals and support during and after the fellowship has concluded
- Peer support through fellowship community
- Available to participate in 8-16 week virtual training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a basic drug screen
Financing of Training and Fellowship Experience
- Through an Income Share Agreement, pay nothing for your Fellow experience, training and support until we help you obtain a job earning at least $40,000 annually.
Senior Empowerment Coach