YWCA Metropolitan Chicago offers a comprehensive State of Illinois recognized 40-hr Crisis Intervention Training Certification several times throughout the year. Both professionals, interns, and volunteers are included as our attendees.
40-hr Crisis Intervention Training includes:
- Illinois state-recognized certification
- Basic Crisis Intervention Skills facilitated by expert and licensed trainers
- Comprehensive understanding of sexual violence and rape culture
- Learn appropriate response techniques for hospital emergency room calls and crisis hotline calls
- Hands-on training with real hospital rape kits facilitated by Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE)
- Up to date information, facts, videos and resources to increase knowledge and awareness