SAVINGS AND INVESTMENTS
• You should have an investment account.
• Cutting daily habits like coffee, fast food, and cigarettes can offer hundreds of dollars a month toward savings.
• Savings account and CD interest is a start, but 2% is not enough.
• IRAs offer good return potential, but you have to select investments. There are annual limits.
• Bonds and annuities can be safe for people ready to retire, but may have higher fees.
• Stocks and mutual funds average higher than 7%. A stock broker or financial planner can help you analyze and choose.