About Leader Luncheon 2020
In 1920, the ratification of the 19th Amendment granted women the right to vote and participate fully in our democracy, however, the YWCA recognizes that women of color were often prevented from exercising this right until the passage of the Voting Rights Act and voting rights amendments nearly 50 years later. Throughout the coming months, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago will celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of the 19th Amendment and the contributions of all women suffragists to its historic passage.
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is proud to have been at the forefront of progress and the advancement of gender and racial equality throughout the past 100 years. On November 19, 2020, we will honor three outstanding leaders who have contributed to the immense social and political strides that have enabled women today to sit in more power than ever before:
- Business – Laura Ricketts, Co-Owner, Chicago Cubs
- Corporate Social Innovation – McDonald’s Corporation
- Racial Justice – Helene D. Gayle, President and CEO, The Chicago Community Trust
Sponsors and ticket holders will also have the opportunity to participate in a series of virtual events leading up to the annual luncheon. These events include:
- Lunch Bites: A Leader Luncheon Honoree Celebration Series – Join YWCA Metropolitan Chicago CEO Dorri McWhorter for live, virtual conversations and Q&A’s with each of this year’s Leader Luncheon honorees.
- Leader Luncheon 2020 Honoree Reception – An exclusive, virtual happy hour celebrating 2020’s group of outstanding leaders. Network with fellow attendees and hear directly from honorees about their visions for women and people of color over the next 100 years.
As we look ahead to the possibilities that remain, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago continues to advance our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women through advocacy and innovative 21st century solutions that support women and families in achieving personal and financial empowerment.
Become Our Partner
The YWCA encourages you to support our annual Leader Luncheon event and become a partner in shaping the next 100 years. This year only, become a part of YWCA Metropolitan Chicago’s Racial Justice League as a Corporate Ally and automatically receive Leader Luncheon sponsorship as part of your participation. Learn more about how to pledge your commitment to advancing racial justice, support the work of the YWCA, and receive access to anti-racism resources and workplace trainings by visiting untiljusticejustis.org. View Leader Luncheon Sponsor Benefits here.
To commit to Leader Luncheon sponsorship outside of the Racial Justice League, click the button below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Commit To Sponsorship
Also exclusive to this year’s event, all current YWCA Metropolitan Chicago individual members will receive complimentary admission to Leader Luncheon and the Lunch Bites Honoree Celebration Series as part of their membership. Take advantage of this opportunity today!Become A Member