Who We Are
What We Believe
Mission & Vision
|Mission: YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.|
|Vision: We share a vision for an inclusive marketplace where everyone thrives.|
|Creativity: The ability to see opportunities, overcome obstacles, or face challenges with a “can-do” mindset that leads to new and innovative solutions|
|Authenticity: Staying true to one's own personality, spirit, or character; bringing their best traits to the work|
|Respect: Behaving and engaging with regard for the feelings, perspectives, wishes, abilities and rights of others|
|Excellence: Consistently delivering outstanding or best in class efforts and results|
|1. We approach our work with wonder, compassion and joy, and embrace uncertainty.
2. We value the unique talents and contributions of all people and foster an environment that unleashes individuals’ purpose and potential.
3. With a sense of urgency, we commit to intentional evolution through agility, innovation, and a growth mindset.
4. We collaborate to develop meaningful, value-driven partnerships that benefit multiple stakeholders.
5. We co-create new models that maximize opportunities to disrupt the marketplace so that we can resolve the significant challenges facing our society.
|In an effort to advance our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago has reimagined the business of human services. We leverage the passion and expertise of a community of CHANGEMAKERS who share our desire to address gender and racial inequalities. Recognizing that the needs of women and families are significant and complex, we cultivate INNOVATION and attract new sources of CAPITAL to strengthen our business and diverse set of services. And we believe mutually-beneficial, value-driven, cross-sector COLLABORATION is the key to creating an inclusive marketplace where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. Our 21st century, comprehensive SOLUTIONS are delivered across a 1,000 square mile footprint of metro Chicago and are helping women and families achieve transformational personal and financial empowerment. It’s SOCIAL IMPACT, REIMAGINED!|
How We're Different
- 12 observed holidays & 2 floating holidays per year
- 37.5 hour work week
- PTO (85 hours of PTO for first year; 123 hours of PTO from 1st-3rd anniversary; 175 hours of PTO after 3rd anniversary)
- Sick hours – 72 per year
- Health Benefits: Individual medical, dental and vision coverage is available for employees who regularly are scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week. Coverage shall be effective on the first day of the month following the completion of thirty (30) days of employment. There may be a cost to the employee for the insurance benefits coverage. The employee can purchase medical, dental and vision benefits coverage for the employee’s family. For employees selecting such coverage, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago generally pays a portion of the total premium.
- Voluntary Short Term Disability: Benefit that pays up to 60% of pre-disability earnings to maximum of $1,000 per week for a defined period of time if you become ill or suffer an injured that prevents you from working.
- Voluntary Long Term Disability: Benefit that pays 60% of pre-disability earnings to a maximum of $5,000 per month for a defined period of time if you became ill or suffer any injured that prevents you from returning to work for an extended period of time.
- Life Insurance: Equal to 1x your basis annual salary rounded to the next higher $1,000 provided for all regular full-time employees. Please contact Human Resources regarding the most current information/summary plan descriptions available.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Professional liability insurance will be provided at no cost to the employee.
- YWCA Retirement Fund
- Flexible Spending Accounts - FSA: Pre-tax dollar amount to pay for medical care expenses.
- Health Savings Account: Available only for high deductible medical plan – HSA. Employees can elect to set money aside on a pre-tax basis to be used for qualified healthcare, dental and vision expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP: Assist employees and their eligible dependents with personal and job-related concerns.
- Commuter Transit: pre-tax benefit account used to pay for parking as part of your daily commute to work, including parking at or near your place of work or at a location near where you take public transportation to get to work.
- Pet Insurance/Discounts
- Financial Wellness Programs - Best Money Moves
We're currently looking for team members to join YWCA Metropolitan Chicago. Please see below for all openings and to start the application process.