Last Update: August 2nd at 3:55 PM
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is closely monitoring developments with COVID-19 and following the recommendations of public health experts. Click here to read the latest news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Click here to read the latest updates from the City of Chicago. The health and safety of our clients, staff, vendors, and volunteers is our primary concern, and as a result, we are limiting access to our YWCA locations, suspending some programs and services, and making adjustments to the delivery of other services.
Click here for the latest Financial Empowerment Resources if you are experiencing any financial impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic or want to learn more about free financial education resources. Click here for other Community Resources including State of Illinois updates and response, information on food, housing, and transportation, support and guidance for parents, and more.
Fresh Meal Distribution
Use the Find Food IL map to find other places in your community offering free food or meals. You can also find stores and markets that accept SNAP/LINK or WIC coupons. Plus, see the DHS or WIC office nearest to you.
Click here for the IL community food map.
Click here for information on how families can use their SNAP/EBT to shop groceries on Amazon.
YWCA Programs and Services
These arrangements will be effective through at least January 3, 2022. We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly. Please continue to follow us here and on social media for updates on programs, services, and upcoming events as plans are subject to change.
Remote Programs and Services
Wherever possible, we are transitioning the following to remote options (e.g. teleconference or virtual visits):
- Counseling (General and Sexual Violence Support Services)
- Call (312) 733-2102 or (630) 790-6600 x1470 for general counseling
- Call (312) 733-2102, (630) 790-6600, or (708) 754-0486 for sexual violence counseling
- For more information on virtual support groups being offered, please call (312) 733-2102
- Home Visiting (Strong Families)
- Staff are reaching out to clients directly to schedule virtual visits
- FamilyWorks has now created a private Facebook Group for families to access current local resources
- Rape Crisis Hotline (will operate 24/7 as normal)
- Call 888-293-2080 in Chicago Metropolitan Area
- Small Business Development Center
- Emergency Child Care
- Training/Workshops (TechGYRLS, Digital Literacy, Childcare Provider Training)
- All professional trainings are now virtual
- TechGYRLS workshops have paused for the time being, but a private Facebook Group for Youth STEAM Programming is now available
These services will be provided on a case-by-case basis and depend on federal/state policies. Staff will contact you directly for any cancellations.
- Medical & Legal Advocacy
- Advocates currently restricted to meeting with clients at police stations and courts
- The 40-hr Crisis Intervention Training is being offered virtually
These are challenging times for social impact organizations that are focused on supporting our communities while also keeping our staff and clients safe. Event cancellations and grant funding reductions may have significant implications for our operations and sustainability. We’re also looking at how we can supplement the resources available to the public as families struggle with housing, food, utilities, child care, and income reductions. If you feel compelled to help support the organization during this crisis, please consider making a tax-deductible donation. Any amount helps us as we make contingency plans for the near future!
Thank you for your support and patience as we navigate this ever-changing situation, together!